Things to do in Wilderness
Renowned for its vast stretches of beach, peace and tranquility ... the romantic destination of Wilderness lies 15 km east of George, between the Kaaimans River in the West and the Goukamma Nature Reserve in the east, bordered by the Outeniqua Mountains in the north and the Indian Ocean in the south.
Local Attractions & Activities
- Abseiling in the Kaaimans Gorge - The serene Kaaimans Gorge holds one of the most beautiful abseil sights you will find.
- Acrobranch - Tree Top Adventure - Acrobranch Tree Top Adventures located at the Timberlake Organic Village between Wilderness and Sedgefield.
- Bergplaas MTB Route - Type of route: circular and return options along forestry tracks and 4x4.
- Black Horse Trails - Black Horse Trails can be found at the base of the Outeniqua mountain range in the Wilderness.
- The Blue Olive - In its setting amongst beautiful, old Milkwood trees, with an expansive wooden deck, the Blue Olive offers patrons delicious and unpretentious food and atmosphere.
- Bongos Pizza Lounge - The Bongo's Pizza Lounge in Wilderness is the ideal spot to fill up and be refreshed while on road trips along the Garden Route.
- Brown-hooded Kingfisher Trail -Meander through the Wilderness on the Brownhooded / Half Collared Kingfisher Trail which runs along the Duiwe River.
- Canoeing & Cycling Tour in Wilderness - We begin with just over an hour of canoeing up the Touw River as we pass majestic yellowwoods and milkwoods.
- Dine in Style at Palms Wilderness - Palms has been one of the best restaurants in Wilderness for several years.
- Flava Cafe - Flava Cafe is a trendy hub that is focussed on good food, reasonable prices and outstanding service.
- Garden Route Horse Trails - The Garden Route remains one of South Africa's most beautiful attractions, and for good reason.
- Joplin's Steak Bar - Joplin's Steak Bar is, as its name implies, committed to creating excellent steaks time and time again.
- Kingfisher Trails - Start: Wilderness National Park near the Touws River bridge Duration: varying between 3.8 km and 10 km Fitness.
- Malachite Bird Hide - Nature lovers and bird nuts flock to the Malachite Bird Hide, set in the Wilderness National Park along Langvlei Lake.
- Milkwood Evening Market - A now beloved institution in the Milkwood Village, Wilderness, the Milkwood evening market is a wonderful gathering of market sellers.
- Oysters R Us - If you want the ultimate oyster experience then head to Oysters R Us at Boven Lange Valley Farm in the Wilderness.
- Paraglide with Cloudbase Paragliding - Jan Minnaar and Khobi Bowden apply their extensive local and international knowledge to enable you to fulfill your dreams in this on-going skill development sport.
- Pomodoro Restaurant - Pomodoro is the place where locals and tourists meet and become friends, the place where true Italian hospitality and lively atmosphere makes you feel right at home.